Two Browns WRs out vs. Giants
Both players sat out practice all week and the Browns downgraded them on their final injury report Saturday before facing the defending Super Bowl champions.
It will be the first career start for Gordon, who has seven catches for 93 yards in four games. Browns offensive coordinator Brad Childress said Gordon, who was taken in the second round of the NFL supplemental draft, had a strong week of practice.
Also, rookie running back Trent Richardson traveled with the team to New York after missing practice Friday to be with his girlfriend while she was in labor.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Rawlings Cleveland Browns 3-Piece Grill Tool Set