Ex-cheerleader reaches plea deal
COVINGTON, Ky. -- A former cheerleader for the Cincinnati Bengals apparently has reached a plea deal in the sex abuse case against her.
Multiple media outlets in the Cincinnati area report that the former cheerleader is charged with having sex with a 17-year-old student when she was a teacher in northern Kentucky. She will be in court Monday in northern Kentucky.
An attorney for Sarah Jones tells WCPO-TV that she will accept a plea deal. But her attorney isn't giving details on the agreement.
A trial in the case had been set to start Wednesday.
Last week, a judge denied a request from Jones' attorney to throw out text messages in the case.
Jones had taught at Dixie Heights High School in Kentucky before resigning last November. She was indicted in March.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jerry backs Romo: We have to 'take risks'
- Sources: Flacco will not undergo MRI on knee
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- Official: Hit on Bengals punter was illegal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Antigua Women's Cincinnati Bengals Leader Black Full-Zip Jacket