Ex-cheerleader reaches plea deal
COVINGTON, Ky. -- A former cheerleader for the Cincinnati Bengals apparently has reached a plea deal in the sex abuse case against her.
Multiple media outlets in the Cincinnati area report that the former cheerleader is charged with having sex with a 17-year-old student when she was a teacher in northern Kentucky. She will be in court Monday in northern Kentucky.
An attorney for Sarah Jones tells WCPO-TV that she will accept a plea deal. But her attorney isn't giving details on the agreement.
A trial in the case had been set to start Wednesday.
Last week, a judge denied a request from Jones' attorney to throw out text messages in the case.
Jones had taught at Dixie Heights High School in Kentucky before resigning last November. She was indicted in March.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- GameWear Cincinnati Bengals NFL Classic Spiral Football Necklace