Jake Locker out against Steelers
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Mike Munchak says quarterback Jake Locker will miss his second straight game with an injured left shoulder Thursday night when the Titans play the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Munchak also said Monday that backup running back Javon Ringer will miss four to six weeks after spraining his left knee.
Ringer was hurt in the second half of a 30-7 loss at Minnesota on Sunday. Munchak says that Ringer injured the medial collateral ligament in his knee.
With the Titans (1-4) hosting Pittsburgh, Munchak says Tennessee will wait until after the game against the Steelers before making a roster decision about Ringer's future this season.
Munchak says Locker is improving but Matt Hasselbeck will get his second straight start due to the short week. Locker will not be active.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Brown rips Sanders' QB comments
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- Source: Colts' Thomas needs quad surgery
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Tennessee Titans Jake Locker #10