Peyton Hillis returns to practice
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Chiefs running back Peyton Hillis was back at practice Wednesday and could play this weekend against Oakland for the first time since Week 3.
Hillis sprained his right ankle in the Chiefs' victory at New Orleans on Sept. 23. He's was able to take advantage of their bye last week to get back on the practice field.
Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said he wasn't sure whether Hillis will play against the Raiders until he saw him practice in pads, but Hillis said he believes he'll be ready to go.
Hillis signed a one-year deal this season to provide a bruising complement to Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles, who leads the NFL with 98.5 yards rushing per game.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles #25