Daryl Smith on IR, eligible to return
Smith has not played because of a groin injury sustained early in training camp.
Smith is eligible to return to practice after six weeks and can be activated after eight weeks.
Smith has made 122 starts for the Jaguars since being selected in the second round of the 2004 draft. He owns the franchise record with 1,084 tackles, including 100-plus tackles in a team-record seven consecutive years. Smith also has 21½ sacks, 59 tackles for loss, nine forced fumbles, five fumble recoveries and six interceptions.
Prior to this season, Smith had missed only three games due to injuries.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steelers' Bell, Blount set to face pot charges
- Backup Manziel says he needs to earn way
- Doctors: Jim Kelly has no evidence of cancer
- Texans' Clowney exits practice after collision
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon #14