Mario Williams told team via text
When Williams had arthroscopic surgery on his wrist Tuesday, it was much to the surprise of the Bills.
Team sources say Williams was a no-show Monday before he texted a trainer and his defensive line coach to say he was getting a second opinion on his wrist and, subsequently, that he was undergoing arthroscopic surgery.
Then he said he would be back for practice Monday and expects to play next Sunday against his former team, the Houston Texans.
The Bills were fined $20,000 for failure to disclose Williams' wrist injury earlier this season, which is a drop in the bucket compared with the $100 million the Bills gave him as a free agent.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Mario Williams #94