Ankle ends O'Brien Schofield's year
Schofield was injured in Sunday's 31-17 loss at Green Bay. Initially, it was thought it probably was only a sprain but further examination uncovered ligament damage that requires surgery.
Quentin Groves replaced Schofield in the game and is expected to do so when the team resumes play Nov. 21 at Atlanta. The Cardinals have a bye this week.
Schofield, a fourth-round draft pick out of Wisconsin in 2010, has 34 tackles and four sacks this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- Te'o has tuned out flak over girlfriend hoax
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 10 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
NFL Nation blog | Leaders NFL Stadium Guides | QBR ratings
Monday Night HQ
WEEK 10 PICKS
MNF: Chiefs at Steelers, 8:30 ET
HOT READ: MUSICAL MIDSEASON REPORT
ALL-DIVISION MIDSEASON TEAMS
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New Era Women's Arizona Cardinals Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat