Winston Guy suspended 4 games
The league announced the suspension Tuesday. He will begin the suspension immediately and will be eligible to rejoin Seattle's active roster Dec. 17.
Guy's agent, Greg Linton, says the positive test was the result of an ingredient found in an over-the-counter supplement that his client took. He says Guy has no intentions of appealing his suspension and called it an innocent mistake.
Guy, a sixth-round pick out of Kentucky, has been active for only two of 10 games this season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Gronkowski tears ACL, MCL in knee
- Source: Cards' Mathieu out; tears ACL, LCL
- Sherman: Bad calls only reason Seattle lost
- Peyton after win: Cold critics can 'shove it'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
NFL Nation blog | Leaders NFL Stadium Guides | QBR ratings
Playoff Machine | MONDAY NIGHT HQ
WEEK 12 PICKS
MNF: Panthers at Eagles, 8:30 ET
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
2013 NFL DRAFT
ESPN FAN SHOP
- New Era Women's Seattle Seahawks Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat