Larry Foote awarded $1.2M in scam
Attorney Jim Acho says Foote invested more than $400,000 with two men who claimed to have parking contracts at Somerset Collection in Troy and Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi. He says there were no such deals.
Foote, a Detroit native, filed a lawsuit in Wayne County Circuit Court. A default judgment was entered against the men, who never responded to the lawsuit. Judge Lita Popke awarded Foote more than $1 million Friday. Under Michigan law, financial damages can be tripled.
Acho says Foote is conservative with his money but was misled. The lawyer says collecting the judgment will be tough.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 13 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
NFL Nation blog | Leaders NFL Stadium Guides | QBR ratings
Playoff Machine | MONDAY NIGHT HQ
WEEK 13 PICKS
MNF: Giants at Redskins, 8:30 ET on ESPN
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Nike Men's Ben Roethlisberger Jersey - Alternate Game Pittsburgh Steelers