Jaguars' Cecil Shorts won't play
Shorts' symptoms are the result of a hit he took during Jacksonville's game against the Buffalo Bills last Sunday.
Shorts passed his concussion test earlier in the week but he has exhibited concussion symptoms and has not practiced all week.
He has team-bests of 43 receptions, 824 yards and seven touchdowns through 12 games. He ranks second in the NFL with a 19.2 yard average per reception and is second in the league with four receptions of 50-plus yards.
The second-year pro needs 176 receiving yards to become just the third Jaguar player in franchise history to reach 1,000 yards in a single season.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 14 COVERAGE
Fantasy Football on ESPN.com
NFL Nation blog | Leaders NFL Stadium Guides | QBR ratings
Playoff Machine | MONDAY NIGHT HQ
TRAGEDY IN DALLAS
MNF: Texans at Patriots, 8:30 ET
WEEK 14 PICKS
CLAYTON / FOX / SCHEFTER
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New Era Men's New York Jets Sideline Authentic 59Fifty Green Fitted Hat