Cardinals pick up QB Brian Hoyer
The Cardinals, with injuries and inconsistent play at quarterback, have lost nine in a row and are coming off a 58-0 embarrassment at Seattle.
Hoyer was with the Steelers for three weeks while Ben Roethlisberger was injured. After a standout career at Michigan State, Hoyer spent his first three NFL seasons with New England before being released by the Patriots on Aug. 31.
Hoyer takes the roster spot of center Rich Ohrnberger, who was placed on season-ending injured reserve with an injured knee.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Source: Packers pessimistic Rodgers will play
- Te'o has tuned out flak over girlfriend hoax
- 49ers again take aim at Seahawks' roster
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 14 COVERAGE
- Little Earth Arizona Cardinals Clear String Bag