Lions place Nick Fairley on IR
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lion have put defensive tackle Nick Fairley on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.
The 2011 first-round pick started seven of 13 games, had 5½ sacks and 35 tackles after a lackluster rookie year.
Earlier this year, he pleaded guilty to DUI and reckless driving and was sentenced to a six-month suspended jail term, a year of probation and a $600 fine.
He hopes a pretrial diversion program will allow those charges to be dismissed.
Detroit has signed Ogemdi Nwagbuo to fill the spot.
The former Michigan State player has 35 games of NFL experience with Carolina and San Diego.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's Detroit Lions Pique Xtra-Lite Black Polo