Arian Foster says he'll be OK
"I'll be OK," Foster said. "It's a very minor situation, so I'll be OK."
Foster, the team's leading rusher, left the game after gaining 15 yards on 10 carries. He also had two catches for 14 yards. His last play came with about nine minutes left in the third quarter.
Ben Tate took over after Foster left the game.
Coach Gary Kubiak said Foster had experienced the problem once before in practice.
"He calms down and he's fine," Kubiak said.
The medical staff told Kubiak that Foster was OK late in Sunday's game and could return. But Kubiak thought it would be best to give him the rest of the game off.
"I know they're on top of it and he's feeling fine," Kubiak said.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Ravens sign suspended former Giants S Hill
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 16 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Arian Foster Jersey - Alternate Limited Houston Texans