Cam Newton taking classes at Auburn
Auburn spokesman Kirk Sampson said Tuesday that Newton is taking classes toward a sociology degree. Sampson says Newton isn't doing media interviews and "wants to focus on school and be a normal student."
Newton led the Tigers to the 2010 national championship in his lone season after transferring from junior college.
He was then the NFL's No. 1 overall draft pick and went on to earn Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.
Newton posted similar numbers last season, but came on especially strong in the final six games. He completed 66 percent of his passes for 1,474 yards with 10 touchdowns and only two interceptions and ran for 347 yards and four scores during that span.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Sources: Spikes has 1-year deal with Bills
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SUPER BOWL XLVII COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Carolina Panthers Cam Newton #1