Titans will keep Chris Johnson
Tennessee decided to keep Johnson after the star running back had a conversation Thursday with Munchak.
"Had a great 30min convo with coach munchak and we both look forward to making that next step," Johnson tweeted.
The Titans had to make a decision on Johnson by Saturday, when $9 million of his $10 million salary for 2013 would have been guaranteed if he was on their roster.
A three-time Pro Bowler, Johnson rushed for 1,243 yards and six touchdowns this past season.
Johnson became just the eighth player in NFL history to run for at least 1,000 yards in each of his first five seasons, joining Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, Eric Dickerson, Tony Dorsett, Corey Dillon, Eddie George and LaDainian Tomlinson.
Munchak also confirmed Thursday that safety Michael Griffin will remain on the roster.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Fathead Chris Johnson "In Your Face" Wall Graphic