Shaun Cody has back surgery
Dr. Robert Watkins says he performed microscopic surgery for a lumbar disc herniation on Cody on Jan. 29. Cody was released from the hospital the day after the surgery.
The 6-foot-4, 307-pound Cody missed three games last season in November with a back injury. Cody, who played at Southern California, was drafted in the second round in 2005 by Detroit.
He signed with the Texans as a free agent in 2009.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Palmer, Fitzgerald good to go, sources say
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Tervis Houston Texans 24 oz Logo Wrap Tumbler