Shaun Cody has back surgery
Dr. Robert Watkins says he performed microscopic surgery for a lumbar disc herniation on Cody on Jan. 29. Cody was released from the hospital the day after the surgery.
The 6-foot-4, 307-pound Cody missed three games last season in November with a back injury. Cody, who played at Southern California, was drafted in the second round in 2005 by Detroit.
He signed with the Texans as a free agent in 2009.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Houston Texans Snap-On iPhone 5 Case