Da'Quan Bowers arrested at airport
NEW YORK -- Authorities say an NFL player has been arrested at a New York airport after police found a handgun in his luggage.
Bowers was arrested at LaGuardia Airport as he was about to board a US Airways flight to Raleigh, N.C. Authorities say the .40-caliber weapon was found during a search of his carry-on bag.
Efforts to reach his attorney were unsuccessful. The Buccaneers haven't returned messages seeking comment.
Bowers played college football for Clemson University and was chosen by the Buccaneers in the 2011 NFL draft.
Former Giants star Plaxico Burress was arrested on the same charge after he accidentally shot himself in a nightclub in 2008.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Little Earth Tampa Bay Buccaneers Clear String Bag