Reworked deals affect Joe Flacco
Ravens' use of exclusive tag more of an option with restructures
Flacco already loses $800,000 if he receives the exclusive tag because of Brady's new contract, and he could lose up to $3 million if the contracts of the other highest-paid quarterbacks -- Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger and Drew Brees -- also are restructured before the end of the exclusive period, which is right before the April 25-27 draft.
The contracts of the five highest-paid players at that position determine the salary of a player who is given an exclusive franchise tender. A player who receives the exclusive tag cannot negotiate with other teams, but draws a higher salary than a player who is tendered with the non-exclusive franchise tender.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Bengals release veteran linebacker Harrison
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- The Highland Mint Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco Panoramic Photo Mint