Reworked deals affect Joe Flacco
Ravens' use of exclusive tag more of an option with restructures
Flacco already loses $800,000 if he receives the exclusive tag because of Brady's new contract, and he could lose up to $3 million if the contracts of the other highest-paid quarterbacks -- Matthew Stafford, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Roethlisberger and Drew Brees -- also are restructured before the end of the exclusive period, which is right before the April 25-27 draft.
The contracts of the five highest-paid players at that position determine the salary of a player who is given an exclusive franchise tender. A player who receives the exclusive tag cannot negotiate with other teams, but draws a higher salary than a player who is tendered with the non-exclusive franchise tender.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Baltimore Ravens Joe Flacco #5