Raiders restructure Mike Brisiel deal
Brisiel converted $3 million of his $4.35 million base salary into a guaranteed roster bonus paid next week, agent Jeff Sperbeck said in an email. The restructuring was first reported by the Bay Area News Group.
Brisiel is in the second year of a $20 million, five-year contract. He struggled in his first year with Oakland and underwent major ankle surgery in the offseason to fix a problem that hindered him during the season.
Brisiel was brought in for his experience as a zone blocker, but Oakland is switching to a more power-based blocking scheme this year under new coordinator Greg Olson.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Redskins: RG III still starter entering 2014
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Men's Oakland Raiders Legend Breast Cancer Awareness Black Performance T-Shirt