Raiders restructure Mike Brisiel deal
Brisiel converted $3 million of his $4.35 million base salary into a guaranteed roster bonus paid next week, agent Jeff Sperbeck said in an email. The restructuring was first reported by the Bay Area News Group.
Brisiel is in the second year of a $20 million, five-year contract. He struggled in his first year with Oakland and underwent major ankle surgery in the offseason to fix a problem that hindered him during the season.
Brisiel was brought in for his experience as a zone blocker, but Oakland is switching to a more power-based blocking scheme this year under new coordinator Greg Olson.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: KC gives Charles 2-year extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Antigua Men's Oakland Raiders White Tone Polo