Chiefs release RT Eric Winston
More From ESPN.com
Cutting right tackle Eric Winston could shift the Chiefs' approach toward the top overall pick in the draft, writes Bill Williamson. Blog
Winston, 29, started all 16 games at right tackle this past season, his lone campaign in Kansas City after spending his first six years with Houston. He was expected to earn a base salary of just under $5 million in 2013.
"Just wanted to confirm that I have been released," Winston wrote on Twitter. "Even though it was an incredibly tough year on and off the field last year, I wouldn't trade the relationships I made in KC and the overall experience I had for anything. It was an honor to be a Chief ..."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- '47 Brand Men's Kansas City Chiefs Red Clean-Up Adjustable Hat