Report: K Nick Novak, Chargers agree
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because details are still being finalized. Novak, who had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, can't sign the contract until free agency begins on Tuesday afternoon.
Teams are able to negotiate with agents of unrestricted free agents from Saturday into Tuesday afternoon.
Novak made 18-of-20 field goal attempts (90 percent) in 2012, the third highest conversion rate in team history. He was signed on Sept. 29 after Nate Kaeding hurt his groin in practice two days before a game at Kansas City. Novak also kicked for San Diego in the final 15 games of 2011 after Kaeding was hurt on the season-opening kickoff.
Also Saturday, the Chargers signed long snapper Mike Windt to a four-year contract.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- GameWear San Diego Chargers NFL Team Color Football Bracelet