Justin Drescher signs 4-year deal
NFL Free Agency
The NFL's free-agent frenzy officially is under way, and ESPN.com will keep you updated with all the twists and turns of the signing period.
The team made the announcement Wednesday but did not release financial terms of the deal.
Drescher arrived in New Orleans in November of 2010 as a rookie free agent and has played in all 41 games since then, handling snaps on field goals and punts.
Saints punter Thomas Morstead was selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time last season and said the reliability of Drescher's snaps was a significant factor. Morstead broke the team records for gross punting (50.1 yards) and net punting (43.2 yards).
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Authentic Street Signs New Orleans Saints 'Saints Country' Street Sign