Kordell Stewart files for divorce
ATLANTA -- A lawyer for reality television star Porsha Williams says she learned from the media that her former NFL player husband had filed for divorce.
Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart filed for divorce in Fulton County Superior Court in Atlanta on Friday. The filing says his marriage to Williams is "irretrievably broken." The pair appears on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Atlanta."
Lawyer Randy Kessler said Wednesday that Williams would have liked to have heard the news of the divorce filing from her husband and is disappointed that he misled her.
Stewart's filing says the two married on May 21, 2011, and have no children together.
Stewart asks the court to find there are no marital assets to divide. He asks that neither side be ordered to pay alimony.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Antigua Men's Pittsburgh Steelers Pique Xtra-Lite Gold Polo