Kordell Stewart's wife files claim
ATLANTA -- A lawyer for reality television star Porsha Williams says his client has filed a counterclaim for divorce against her former NFL player husband Kordell Stewart.
Lawyer Randy Kessler said Friday that Williams responded with the counterclaim after former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Stewart filed for divorce in Fulton County Superior Court in Atlanta last week. Stewart's filing says his marriage to Williams is "irretrievably broken."
The pair appears on Bravo's "The Real Housewives of Atlanta." Kessler said earlier this week that Williams learned of the divorce from the media.
Stewart's filing says the two married on May 21, 2011, and have no children together.
Stewart asks the court to find there are no marital assets to divide. He asks that neither side be ordered to pay alimony.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL mulls fine for Lynch's hat, sources say
- Lynch to media: 'You know why I'm here'
- Pats' Wilfork: Belichick has 'soft heart' now
- Super week: Sherman awaiting son's birth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Heath Miller #83