Ravens cut Brendon Ayanbadejo
A 10-year veteran, Ayanbadejo had been with the Ravens since the start of the 2008 season, playing primarily on special teams. He made the Pro Bowl in his first season with the Ravens after also making it twice while with the Chicago Bears,.
"I would like to thank the city of Baltimore and the Ravens organization for an amazing ride. We will forever be united as champions!" Ayanbadejo wrote on Twitter.
In addition to the football field, Ayanbadejo also has made headlines off it. He has been a highly visible defender of gay rights and same-sex marriage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Party Animal Baltimore Ravens Applique Banner Flag