Bengals re-sign Andre Smith
Hensley: Bengals Play It Smart
The Bengals' re-signing of right tackle Andre Smith shouldn't get lost in what has been another strong draft, Jamison Hensley writes. Blog
Smith had been an unrestricted free agent. He says the team changed its offer, and he decided it was time to make a decision. He accepted a three-year deal.
It's an $18 million deal that includes $8 million this year, a league source told NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
The agreement gave the Bengals freedom to look at other spots in the draft rather than having to worry about replacing Smith, who was a first-round pick in 2009.
He was hurt his first two seasons, but lost a lot of weight and became a steady starter the last two years.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Andy Dalton #14