Jaguars sign CB Marcus Trufant
More From ESPN.com
Veteran Marcus Trufant, the first player to follow Gus Bradley from Seattle to Jacksonville, is a sensible addition for the Jaguars, writes Paul Kuharsky. Blog
Trufant, a first-round draft pick in 2003, is entering his 11th season in the NFL. He has started 125 games, totaling 638 tackles and 21 interceptions. He played the last four seasons under Bradley, the former Seahawks defensive coordinator.
Trufant will help mentor a defensive backfield that includes five rookies.
The Jaguars drafted safety Johnathan Cyprien in the second round, cornerback Dwayne Gratz in the third and safety Josh Evans in the sixth. The team also selected cornerbacks Jeremy Harris and Demetrius McCray in the seventh round.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Jones-Drew: London deserves an NFL team
- Johnson: Lions 'need to win a Super Bowl'
- Pack hold off Favre return, afraid of booing
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL On ESPN
- Antigua Men's Seattle Seahawks Navy Tone Polo