Jaguars waive DE Austen Lane
The team made the moves before its final practice of the offseason.
Jacksonville signed punter Ken Parrish and cornerback Lionel Smith to fill the roster spots. Parrish and Smith, both first-year players, tried out for the team during a three-day minicamp that ended Thursday.
Lane, a fifth-round draft pick from Murray State in 2010, played in 28 games with 16 starts. He had 103 tackles and three sacks. He became expendable with the emergence of second-year player Andre Branch and the move of defensive tackle Tyson Alualu to end. General manager Dave Caldwell said Lane wasn't a good fit for the team's new defense, adding that he wanted to give Lane a chance to catch on elsewhere.
Wilson, an undrafted rookie from Vanderbilt, signed with the team in May.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell Jacksonville Jaguars Mini Replica Helmet