Bengals release Travelle Wharton
Wharton, 32, was the Bengals' first free-agent signing last year, reaching a three-year, $10 million deal with Cincinnati. He had been projected to start at left guard before suffering the injury after playing three snaps in the 2012 preseason opener.
Clint Boling, a fourth-round draft pick in 2011, is expected to keep the starting job at left guard. The Bengals save $1.6 million against the salary cap by releasing Wharton, who played for the Carolina Panthers from 2004 to 2011.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Cincinnati Bengals Quick Toss Softee Football