Eagles' Jason Phillips tears right ACL
PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles linebacker Jason Phillips tore his right ACL in Monday's practice.
Phillips is the second player to sustain a season-ending injury in three days. Starting wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore his right ACL on Saturday.
Phillips played in 16 games for Carolina last year, mostly on special teams. He spent his first 2½ seasons with Baltimore and was entering his fifth year in the NFL.
Phillips has 17 tackles in 30 career games, including two starts for the Panthers last year.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
- Ex-Seahawks CB Thurmond signs with Giants
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Jeremy Maclin Wall Graphic