Charges dropped against Mark Duper

Updated: August 7, 2013, 8:18 PM ET
Associated Press

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Florida prosecutors have dropped child-abuse charges against former Miami Dolphins receiver Mark Duper.

Prosecutors in Jacksonville, Fla., said the facts in the case did not warrant taking the case against the 54-year-old Duper to trial.

Duper had been accused of punching, body-slamming and choking his 17-year-old son last March. Duper's attorney George Cholakis said the teen had exaggerated what happened. Former NFL star Hugh Green was at Duper's house when the altercation occurred. He said Duper's son started the fight and Duper was only defending himself.

Duper caught 511 passes during his 11 seasons with the Dolphins before retiring after the 1992 season and is on the team's honor roll.


Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.


ALSO SEE