Dennis Pitta could return in 2013
Pitta dislocated his hip in the team's first contact practice of training camp in late July, and the Ravens originally believed it was a season-ending injury.
But Pitta didn't suffer ligament or cartilage damage, which gives him a chance to come back toward the end of the season.
Baltimore's leading returning receiver from last season, Pitta would be eligible to be activated after Week 8, although he probably won't be healthy enough to return until much later in the season.
Pitta finished last season with 61 catches for 669 yards and seven touchdowns. He had 14 receptions and three touchdowns in the postseason, including a 1-yard touchdown catch in the Super Bowl.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texans RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Baltimore Ravens Goal Line Softee Football