Jags' Blaine Gabbert starts
Gabbert did more and more in practice each day this week, but coach Gus Bradley said on Friday the final decision on whether the quarterback would start against Kansas City likely wouldn't be made until just before kickoff.
"It feels good," Gabbert said Friday afternoon. "It's a day-to-day thing and we're still evaluating it, but I did more today. Had kind of a greater workload, and it felt great."
Gabbert said Friday he still has some pain but has not had issues gripping the football.
"It's just one of those deals," he said. "I really can't tell my bone to grow any faster than it is right now, so we'll see how it is tomorrow morning."
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com Jaguars reporter Michael DiRocco contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert #11