Carl Nicks won't play vs. Saints
Nicks, who had been listed as questionable, returned to practice this week for the first time since being diagnosed with a MRSA staph infection in August.
Nicks and Bucs coach Greg Schiano both indicated that the two-time Pro Bowler needs more practice time before playing in a game.
Nicks, 28, spent his first four seasons with New Orleans before signing a $47.5 million contract with Tampa Bay prior to last season.
Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
- Spikes agrees to contract terms with Buffalo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's New Orleans Saints Elite Polo