Josh Thomas, Charles Godfrey hurt
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Carolina Panthers' secondary was hit hard by injuries during Sunday's 24-23 loss to Buffalo.
Starting left corner Josh Thomas suffered a game-ending concussion on the first play of the second quarter.
His replacement, Josh Norman, went down early in the second half with a thigh injury but returned late in the third quarter.
A few plays after Norman was injured, starting free safety Charles Godfrey was carted off with a game-ending Achilles injury. He left the locker room on crutches and in a protective boot.
Thomas' concussion occurred when he collided helmet-to-helmet with Buffalo receiver Robert Woods on a reverse.
Godfrey's injury came as he tried to break up a pass in the end zone.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut ties with top pass-rusher Ware
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Carolina Panthers Cam Newton UniFrame