Sources: Bills pursue Josh Freeman
With quarterback EJ Manuel sidelined indefinitely with a knee injury, the Buffalo Bills intensified efforts Sunday evening to sign former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Josh Freeman, according to league sources.
Freeman has been engaged in talks with a number of teams, including the Bills, Raiders, Vikings and 49ers.
Whoever signs with Buffalo (2-3) could wind up starting next weekend at home against the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Doug Marrone said Friday. Manuel, who sprained his LCL in Thursday's loss to the Cleveland Browns, is expected to be out for several weeks.
Undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel replaced Manuel against the Browns and is the only healthy quarterback on the Bills' roster.
Information from ESPN.com's Mike Rodak contributed to this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Pats' Blount cleared of Pittsburgh pot charge
- Peyton hopes to make decision 'soon' on '15
- Lynch offers statement, doesn't answer Q's
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Ej Manuel #3