Source: Bills could sign Pat White
White is scheduled to work out for the Raiders on Tuesday, but the Bills could try to sign him first. White spent Sunday night in Buffalo but had not heard whether the Bills will sign him yet as they look for a replacement for EJ Manuel, a source told ESPN.
Whoever signs with Buffalo could wind up starting next weekend at home against the Cincinnati Bengals, coach Doug Marrone said Friday.
Manuel, who sprained his LCL in Thursday's loss to the Cleveland Browns, is expected to be out for several weeks.
The Bills were impressed with what they saw from White, who played against Buffalo in the preseason. White, a second-round pick in 2009, was released by the Washington Redskins last month.
Undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel replaced Manuel against the Browns.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills EJ Manuel #3