Revis on DeSean Jackson: 'He's fast'
"No," Revis said Tuesday. "He's fast. Fast people are allowed to say those type of things."
The two met up previously, when Revis was a member of the New York Jets in the 2011 season. They'll meet again Sunday when the winless Bucs (0-4) host the Eagles (2-3).
"I've covered him before in the past, and it was a good battle then and we'll see what happens this time around," said Revis, who helped limit Jackson to two catches for 28 yards in that 2011 game. "I'm not in here to discuss who's the fastest. I'm not running for the Olympics or anything like that, and he's not either. I'm here to compete and play."
Revis generally covers the opponent's best receiver.
"It's a matchup every week, whoever I'm covering or the best receiver, and he is their best receiver," Revis said. "We'll see. It's going to be a battle and he's a great player. We'll see."
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Buccaneers release Revis before deadline
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Browns cut ties with QBs Weeden, Campbell
- Smith finished with Panthers, agent says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Philadelphia Eagles DeSean Jackson #10 - Extended Sizes