Chargers place Mike Harris on IR
With the open roster spot, San Diego signed offensive tackle Mike Remmers from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' practice squad to its 53-man active roster.
The 6-foot-5, 303-pound Remmers spent most of the 2012 season and the first five weeks of this year on the Buccaneers' practice squad. An Oregon State product, Remmers started 44 games over four seasons for the Beavers, including every game his sophomore, junior and senior seasons.
Harris, 24, started three games for the Chargers this season -- one at right tackle and two at left tackle.
The Chargers also made a few moves on their practice squad. San Diego added tight end Ryan Otten. He replaces tight end Jake Byrne, who was signed by Houston to the Texans' active roster.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
- Riddell San Diego Chargers Ultimate Hand