Jamaal Charles dealing with blisters
- [+] EnlargeJim Brown/USA TODAY SportsJamaal Charles has been playing despite having blisters on both feet.
Burkholder has treated Charles like a burn victim, using burn dressings and covers on his feet and toes.
A blister developed on the ball of one of Charles' feet this week, prompting the team to use UltraViolet light to kill any infection and electrical current to stimulate skin growth.
Charles also is wearing socks that many marathoners and triathletes wear to fight friction and reduce moisture.
Despite playing with pain and not being able to cut with his usual crispness, Charles had maintained production over the past two games, gaining 272 yards from scrimmage and scoring two touchdowns over that stretch.
Charles, 26, entered Sunday as the NFL's sixth-leading rusher with 397 yards this season. The two-time Pro Bowler rushed for a career-high 1,509 yards last season.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions owner Ford dies at 88 of pneumonia
- Cromartie released by Jets, tweets thanks
- Source: Vikings sign Griffen to $42.5M deal
- Free agent WR Nicks: I can be 'missing link'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
THE NFL ON ESPN.COM
Todd McShay's new mock has the Texans taking a QB at No. 1, but it's not Johnny Manziel.
- Nike Men's Away Game Jersey Kansas City Chiefs Jamaal Charles #25
- NFL Home
- AFC East
- Buffalo Bills
- Miami Dolphins
- NE Patriots
- New York Jets
- AFC West
- Denver Broncos
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Oakland Raiders
- San Diego Chargers
- AFC North
- Baltimore Ravens
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- AFC South
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Tennessee Titans
- NFL Nation
- Free-Agent Tracker