Rams' Chris Long fined $15,750
Rams defensive lineman Chris Long received the biggest fine Friday, $15,750 for unnecessary roughness for throwing a punch during a skirmish in the third quarter of St. Louis' 30-15 loss. Long was penalized and ejected after he was caught swinging his right hand at Panthers guard Chris Scott as players from both sides were pushing and shoving.
A pair of receivers -- Carolina's Steve Smith and St. Louis' Brian Quick -- were fined $7,875 for striking an opponent in the face. Also docked $7,875 were Rams guard Harvey Dahl for a late hit and Panthers safety Mike Mitchell for taunting.
Orakpo was penalized for his hit on Chicago quarterback Josh McCown in the third quarter of Washington's 45-41 win.
Jenkins hit Buffalo's Thad Lewis, knocking the quarterback's helmet off -- although Lewis was able to complete a 17-yard pass to Stevie Johnson -- during the Dolphins' 23-21 loss.
Crick had a hit below the left knee of Kansas City quarterback Alex Smith in the first quarter of Houston's 17-16 loss to the Chiefs.
Ayers' fine came as a result of his hit on the knee of San Francisco quarterback Colin Kaepernick in the second quarter of the 49ers' 31-17 win. Ayers was called for a penalty that negated an interception by Bernard Pollard.
In other fines announced Friday:
Ryan, playing for the injured Aqib Talib, picked off Geno Smith late in the first quarter and returned it 79 yards for a touchdown. As he reached the end zone, he fell backward and reached for his groin.
• Denver defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was docked $10,000 for hitting Indianapolis offensive lineman Samson Satele during an extra-point attempt in the third quarter of the Colts' 39-33 win. Vickerson was not penalized for the play in which he appeared to punch at Satele's right knee, sending the center to the sideline for the rest of the game.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Coach: Benched RG III must 'work on craft'
- Still: Claims of unpaid child support untrue
- NFL hits Raiola with $10,000 fine for punch
- Gordon felt some Browns brushed him off