Mohamed Massaquoi has bone injury
Massaquoi, who showed up at training camp with a cast on his leg, has not yet practiced and spent the workouts on an exercise bike and watching from the sideline. Shurmur did not divulge any details about Massaquoi's injury until Monday, when he confirmed it was a bone problem. The Browns have not said how long they expect Massaquoi, who had 36 receptions as a rookie, to be out.
Also, second-year running back Montario Hardesty continued to be limited in his comeback from a knee injury. Shurmur said Hardesty has not suffered any setbacks and the team is intentionally bringing him along slowly.
Linebacker Chris Gocong suffered a stinger during practice.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Rams coach: Sam 'absolutely not' distraction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cleveland Browns Jabaal Sheard #97