Russell Okung returns to practice
Okung was in a helmet and shoulder pads for Thursday's practice, doing work in individual drills just a week after injuring his left ankle. He is not full speed yet, but Carroll says Okung is "not as bad as he was" in reference to a pair of ankle injuries that sidelined Okung for chunks of last season.
Okung was hurt in the first series last Thursday night in Seattle's preseason opener at San Diego. Carroll said after the win that Okung "felt something pop" as he blocked, but his legs were not contacted on the play in which Okung injured his left ankle.
Carroll wouldn't guarantee that Okung will be ready for the season opener Sept. 11 at San Francisco.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
WEEK 1 PICKS
MORE NFL COVERAGE
2011 NFL PREVIEW
JOHN CLAYTON QB RANKINGS
- Authentic Street Signs Seattle Seahawks 'Man Cave' Street Sign