Chiefs sign rookie Dontari Poe
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs have signed first-round pick Dontari Poe on the eve of training camp.
The team announced the deal in statement Thursday.
Poe took part in the Chiefs' entire offseason program, despite failing to reach a deal with the team that made him the No. 11 overall selection. Nobody has seemed overly concerned that the negotiations dragged out until the start of training camp.
The 6-foot-3, 346-pound Poe is expected to be in St. Joseph, Mo., for the first workout on Friday. He's being counted on to shore up one of the team's biggest weakness a year ago.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
- Source: Texans interviewed Lovie Smith
- McCoy wants Eagles' 'offense on my back'
- Colts punter: Defenseless label a setback
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- New Era Men's Kansas City Chiefs Training Camp 39Thirty Red Hat