Coach Leslie Frazier said after Monday's practice that Peterson ate some seafood that caused his face to swell and shortness of breath. An ambulance was called, and Peterson was diagnosed with the allergic reaction at the hospital. He returned to the Minnesota State University campus soon after.
Frazier says the situation was a "little bit of a scare" but that Peterson is "fine now." He says he expects Peterson to continue his left knee rehabilitation at full speed Tuesday morning.
Wide receiver Percy Harvin also missed part of practice with a jammed finger on his right hand but returned to drills soon after.