Reports: Jason Babin out 2-3 weeks
CSNPhilly.com, which first reported the injury, said there's a possibility Babin will miss the entire preseason.
The Eagles announced on Monday that an MRI confirmed that Babin, who was injured in drills Saturday, had a calf strain. According to the reports, Babin specifically has a Grade 2 strain, which by definition is a partial tear of the fibers in the calf muscle.
Babin had a career-best 18 sacks last season after rejoining the Eagles as a free agent. He was selected for his second straight Pro Bowl.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks to host Packers in season opener
- Giants-Lions, Chargers-Cards to open MNF
- Source: Manziel on Bucs' short list at No. 7
- Woodley: Raiders 'definitely' a playoff team
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Philadelphia Eagles Fan Green V-Neck Shirt