Nick Fairley's hearing delayed
Fairley was scheduled to appear in Mobile Municipal Court Tuesday for his April 3 arrest. Police say he was arrested after people complained that his Cadillac Escalade was speeding through a Mobile neighborhood.
Officers smelled marijuana coming from the SUV and found a small amount in an ashtray.
Fairley has pleaded not guilty in a separate case in Mobile County to charges including driving under the influence and attempting to elude police. State troopers say he was driving about 100 mph and initially refused to pull over.
He is scheduled for trial beginning on Aug. 14 on those charges.
Fairley was a first-round draft pick in 2011.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
- Jags WR Blackmon OK after single-car crash
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh #90