Packers' Erik Walden docked 1 game
The league announced the punishment Tuesday and said Walden would not be paid for the Sept. 9 game against San Francisco.
In February, Walden reached a deferred judgment agreement to resolve a disorderly conduct-domestic abuse charge without pleading guilty. Walden spent Thanksgiving weekend in jail after a dispute with his girlfriend. He agreed to perform 50 hours of community service and continue counseling.
The fifth-year veteran was re-signed in April after starting 15 games last season, finishing with three sacks, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery that he returned for a touchdown. He signed with the Packers as a free agent in October 2010.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- New Era Men's Green Bay Packers Green Sideline 2012 Flex 39Thirty Hat