Colts' Ben Ijalana has torn left ACL
Coach Chuck Pagano says both players have "significant" ACL injuries to their left knees and the team hopes to add two players to the roster soon.
Both were hurt on Sunday during the team's first open practice at training camp. Pagano says both occurred during non-contact drills.
Ijalana, a second-round pick in 2011, missed most of last season with a torn ACL in the same knee. Pagano says he also had surgery twice on his hip during the offseason, too.
Edds missed the 2010 season with Miami after tearing ACL in his right knee during training camp.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
- Sources: Jets, Bills eye Revis in free agency
- Sources: Lions seen as favorites to keep Suh
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NFL on ESPN.com
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
WEEK 1 PICKS
BOUNTY BANS OVERTURNED
2013 NFL DRAFT
MORE NFL COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Indianapolis Colts T.y. Hilton #13